Thank you for taking the time to visit joyofspanish.com (from now on, known as “we,” “us,” “our,” “Provider,” or “the site or website”).
Depending on your specific activities when browsing our website, you may be obligated to consent to additional terms of service.
It also provides information concerning your privacy rights and the legal protections that are in place.
Table of Contents
What type of information do we gather from you?
Our website collects visitor information through various means, including mobile devices. This can occur during registration, form filling, newsletter subscriptions, and commenting.
We may get log, usage, device, and location data. Visitors may browse our website anonymously if they choose.
Personal information collected may include name, address, email, phone number, location, and other relevant data necessary to address visitor inquiries or issues.
For users commenting on joyofspanish.com blog posts, potentially personally identifying data such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses may also be obtained.
How do we use your information?
Our website collects and analyzes user data to track trends, traffic, and demographics.
This information is also used for advertising campaigns, site management, and communication with users for updates and marketing purposes.
We use this data to improve website performance, personalize user experiences, and prevent spam and fraud. We may employ third-party firms and individuals to assist us in these functions, but we ensure that the information is used solely for our business purposes.
While we prioritize security measures, we must note that no Internet transmission is entirely secure, and online data disclosure may result in unauthorized access by other parties.
Will your information be shared with anyone?
“Joy of Spanish” does not share your information with third parties through selling, renting, trading, leasing, or transferring.
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- We may disclose data to our web developers and employees who help us manage our website, business and provide services to you on the condition that they consent to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
- Our company may engage in information sharing with trustworthy third-party service providers and business associates who provide us with marketing services and other business operations. These partnerships may involve collaborating with other companies to facilitate newsletters, advertisements, email support, accounting, audit, secure payments, messaging service, and communication on social media and website analysis to improve our company’s user experience and boost growth.
- In certain circumstances, we may disclose your information to comply with legal obligations, enforce our site policies, settle disputes, implement agreements between you and us, or safeguard our or others’ rights.
How do we protect your information?
- We do not employ vulnerability scanning or scanning to PCI standards.
- Our services are limited to providing articles and information.
- We do not request credit card numbers; all transactions are processed through a gateway provider that does not store or process any data on our servers.
- We perform regular Malware Scanning.
This ensures that personal information is contained behind secured networks, accessible only by authorized personnel with limited access rights. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology encrypts any sensitive or credit information supplied.
To maintain the safety of personal information, we implement a range of security measures when a user puts an order, enters, submits, or accesses their data.
It is important to note that our policies do not involve “selling” personal data. We have never shared or sold personal information to third parties for any business or commercial purposes.
We take your privacy seriously and are always committed to protecting your personal information.
Remove or update information
To unsubscribe from our email list, click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of our newsletter. Once unsubscribed, all future emails will cease, and your personal information will be erased from our records.
If you wish to modify or delete your information, please inform us, and we will make the necessary updates to our system.
Cookies and Other Laws
Cookies are small text data pieces that websites save to identify specific users and enhance their browsing experience. “Joy of Spanish” uses essential cookies, similar technologies, and services offered by others to improve visitors’ online experience.
These cookies help with personalized content, visitor tracking, relevant advertising, and storing preferences on computer or mobile browsers.
Google and Other Cookies
We utilize Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and other analytics tools to comprehensively understand how our visitors interact with our websites. These insights allow us to effectively manage traffic, conversion rates, design, and performance.
Furthermore, Google employs DART cookies to serve ads to our website visitors according to their browsing history after visiting our website.
Our Advertising Partners
Our website, “Joy of Spanish,” utilizes cookies and web beacons for advertising purposes.
To learn more about Google’s AdSense privacy policies, please refer to their website. Besides, you can customize your ad preferences through Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.
We may provide links to external websites and apps not under our administration or ownership but may be helpful or relevant to you. Our linking to third-party websites, services, products, or content does not connote our endorsement or promotion of them.
These third-party websites and apps have their own distinct and autonomous privacy policies. Accordingly, we assume no responsibility or liability for the privacy practices employed by these linked third-party sites.
We strongly advise contacting these third-party sites directly to inquire about their privacy policies if you have any concerns or inquiries.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We want to ensure you are fully aware of your data protection rights.
It permits every user the right to access data, erasure, rectification, object processing, and data portability.
Please get in touch with us if you wish to exercise your rights under specific conditions. If you do, we will respond within one month.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
As per the CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information), California consumers are entitled to several rights, including the right to request a disclosure of the categories and specific details of their personal data collected by a business.
We comply with this regulation and do not collect information other than the standard contacts such as name, email, phone number, personal identifiers such as Internet Protocol address, and educational and professional information listed in the CCPA records.
Contact us if you want to exercise your rights under these conditions. After receiving your request, we will reply within a month.
Children’s Information (COPPA)
Our topmost concern is ensuring children’s safety while using our online platform. It is important to note that our website and services are not intended for children under 13.
While we create our content with an educational purpose in mind, we recommend that parents and guardians monitor and guide their children’s online activity to ensure their safety.
In the event that you have reason to believe that your child has disclosed any confidential or personal details on our platform, we recommend that you get in touch with us without delay.
We will make sure all appropriate measures are taken to expeditiously eliminate such information from our records following the Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) regulations that apply to minors below 13 years of age.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a regulatory statute that governs commercial email communication and mandates certain obligations for commercial messages. The legislation allows recipients to opt out of unwanted emails and clearly articulates severe sanctions for non-compliance.
We collect your email address to:
- Respond to inquiries, send information, and/or other requests or questions.
- After the initial transaction, we can send marketing emails or continue to communicate with our customers via email.
To be following CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Do not use inaccurate, misleading, or false subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some practical way.
- Include the physical address of our company or business site.
- If a third-party email marketing service is used, it is vital to monitor it for compliance.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of each email.
If you ever want to stop receiving emails from us, simply email us, and we will promptly remove you from our mailing list.
Our company is officially registered under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs of the Indian Government, with our office located in Sector-18, Noida, India.
This policy is effective and was last updated on August 18, 2023.